VOLUNTEERS NEEDED at Palm Beach International Airport
Every day, more than 16,000 people will come through the Palm Beach International Airport (PBIA). At any given time, they may have a question about a hotel, attraction, activity, restaurant, or just might need assistance with enhancing their visitor “experience” in The Palm Beaches.
A welcoming and gracious personality is essential to enhance a visitor’s first impression of The Palm Beaches. Candidates must be friendly, flexible team players who possess the ability to interact with people in a positive and courteous manner.
- Volunteers must be a year-round resident of Palm Beach County for at least 3 years and make a strong commitment to the program by committing to at least one (1) 4-hour shift per week.
- They must be mentally capable of troubleshooting problematic situations, be alert and think quickly in an emergency.
- Prior knowledge of The Palm Beaches including visitor sites and activities along with directional skills are required. Additional required skills include basic computer knowledge with the ability to access our tourism website and perform online (Google) research.
Benefits: include a uniform, airport parking and meal vouchers at any of the airport’s restaurants.
- Fill out the volunteer application and submit.
- Once application is submitted, the applicant will receive an email inviting them for an interview at the airport with instructions.
- Based on applicant’s availability and current volunteers needs, the applicant will be invited to attend training classes.
- Upon completion of training the volunteer will receive their uniform and eParking Pass.
Alan Bernstein, Director, Visitor Services