October 2016 Meeting Highlights
COBWRA DELEGATES MEETING MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
October 19, 2016– Palm Isles
PRESIDENT GLEN HARVIE called for a quorum, called the meeting to order and led the delegates in the Pledge of Allegiance and a moment of silence for Veterans and those currently serving who will be honored on Veterans Day, November 11, 2016.
PRESIDENT HARVIE introduced former COBWRA president and current PALM ISLES DELEGATE SANDY GREENBERG to welcome the delegates and to introduce MILDRED HAMMER, PRESIDENT of the PALM ISLES HOA who also welcomed the delegates and noted that COBWRA is composed of 112 member communities representing 125,000 people.
JOAN BRUNSWICK, HEALTH and WELLNESS COMMITTEE CHAIR:
- Announced the STOP THE BLEED symposium and hands on training where participants will learn how to stop the bleeding in an emergency. The program will be held on December 6, 2016 at 6:00 pm at BANYAN SPRINGS.
- Noted that the Committee has distributed an e-mail survey to all Delegates via Constant Contact to determine the direction of a symposium on the topic of Mental Health. Recipients are encouraged to compete the survey.
GERRY MORRISON, VICE CHAIR of the GROWTH MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE, presented three proposals to the Delegates:
- Cobblestone Commons Retail Shopping Plaza located at Boynton Beach Boulevard and Lyons Road. The Delegates voted to recommend approval of this proposal.
- The rezoning of an additional 5.73 acres within the Flavor Pict Townhouse PUD which will include additional townhouses and work force housing. The Delegates voted to recommend approval of this proposal.
- Changes to the site plan, traffic flow and numbers of students at the proposed Villages of Windsor Charter School. The Delegates voted not to recommend approval of this proposal.
SPECIAL PRESENTATION…MEET THE CANDIDATES FORUM FIRST VICE PRESIDENT PHIL BARLAGE moderated the forum. Each candidate presented a two minute opening statement followed by a Question and Answer session and a closing statement.
- CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE GROUP 4: LOU DELGADO AND GREG TENDRICH
- COUNTY COURT JUDGE GROUP 11: GREGG LERMAN AND DANA SANTINO
- STATE HOUSE 90: ARTIE LURIE AND LORI BERMAN
- STATE HOUSE 91: EMILY SLOSBERG
- US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES 21: PAUL SPAIN AND LOIS FRANKEL
- COUNTY COMMISSION 3: SEAN HOGAN AND DAVID KERNER
- COUNTY COMMISSION 5: TANIEL SHANT AND MARY LOU BERGER.
- AMENDMENTS & SALES TAX TUTORIAL presented by TODD BONLARRON, ASST. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR and MIKE BURKE, CFO, PBC School District, respectively.